Thursday, May 15, 2014

Moving on

So, I've ironed the snot out of CG and have it hanging on a pants hanger in my room.  It's still got some wrinkles on it, so I'm going to try dry blocking it.  My cork bulletin board should arrive today so tomorrow I'm going to try pinning it nice and tight and see how things go.

Meanwhile, I have started stitching again on Around the World in 80 Stitches.  I just finished Part 7.  This section consisted of two-sided triangular Turkish stitch, Maltese Cross and Lefkhara Lace.  The Maltese Cross was really fun to work up, and I really enjoyed doing the whipped backstitch on the Lefkhara Lace section.  Yeah - I'd never done whipped backstitch before!  I might just go back and whip the light green backstitches to make them stand out more.  

Anyway, here's Part 7 completed
Part 7

And here's the entire design thus far
Part 7

No comments:

Post a Comment